Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Adoption is about Giving

I should be frantically cleaning, but I'm not. I should be pacing around the house finding something to dust, vacuum, or mop, but I'm not. Instead I'd rather tell you what's really on my mind. The truth. The truth about adoption. I've come to realize that adoption is not about a spotless house during your home study. It's about so much more, like giving.

Adoption is messy and beautiful all at the same time. There's moments you cry for joy and cry for the loss that you're still grieving. Whether we want to admit it or not, we experienced a loss. A deep loss that can't go unrecognized. However, the amazing thing is that another mother will one day give a part of her heart to me. A part that was always missing. In return I will one day also get to give a part of my heart to another mother, Abigail's birth mother. 


We give a lot for adoption. We have given countless hours to filling out paperwork and prepping for this home study. We have given our whole heart and dedication to this process. But in the end Abigail's birth mother will give us the ultimate gift, our precious baby girl. 

Tomorrow is a big day for us, our first home study visit and home inspection. Once we have our home inspection and two sets of interviews we'll receive home study approval and we'll really be moving forward with bringing Abigail home. Keep us in your prayers tomorrow!

Blessings,
Tyler & Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment